Stephen A. Dunn is a partner with Emanuel & Dunn and practices in the areas of state and federal court civil litigation, administrative law, employment and real estate law. His notable litigation experience includes federal court cases involving the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
Mr. Dunn provides transactional support for regional and national clients in a variety of business and property matters, including contract negotiations and drafting, and acquisition, development and sale of real property interests. He has appeared in the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina; in the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of South Carolina; and in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
He received a Bachelor of Arts in business and a Bachelor of Science in economics from North Carolina State University in 1981 and graduated from the Cumberland School of Law at Samford University in 1984.
- State and Federal Court Litigation
- Administrative Law
- Employment Law
- Real Estate Law
- North Carolina State University, B.A. & B.S. (1981)
- Samford University, J.D. (1984)
-North Carolina State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Tammy Lynn Center for Developmental Disabilities, Board Member (1988-1999), Chairman (1995 – 1997)
- TLC Endowment Board (1999 – present)
- Capital Area Soccer League (1996 – 2006)
- Raleigh Parks & Recreation (1996 – 2000)
- North Carolina (1984)
- Georgia (1984)