Raymond E. Dunn, Jr., is a partner with Emanuel & Dunn and focuses on civil litigation with an emphasis on complex business litigation, employment litigation and personal injury litigation.
As a seasoned litigator, he has tried more than 150 jury trials to verdict in both state and federal courts throughout Eastern North Carolina and tried one of the early jury trials in the newly formed North Carolina Business Court.
Mr. Dunn currently serves on the Civil l Rules Sub-Committee for the United States District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina, and is a member of the Litigation Sections of the North Carolina and American Bar Association.
A native of New Bern and an active member of the community, Mr. Dunn was one of five founders of the Neuse River Foundation and has served on the Board of Directors of the New Bern Chamber of Commerce, Neuse Mental Health Center, Craven County Tourism Development Authority and the Eastern Carolina Aviation Heritage Foundation.
Mr. Dunn practices from Emanuel & Dunnís New Bern and Raleigh offices.
- Civil Litigation
- Complex Business Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A. (1973)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, master’s degree in city and regional planning (1976)
- Wake Forest University, J.D. (1979)
- North Carolina Bar Association, Litigation Section
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Neuse River Foundation, Founder
- New Bern Chamber of Commerce
- Craven County Tourism Development Authority
- Former Officer and Director of New Bern Civitan Club
- Neuse Mental Health Center, Board of Directors
- Eastern Carolina Aviation Heritage Foundation
- North Carolina